MSW is the abbreviation of the academic degree of Master of Social Work. The study of MSW involves two years of post graduate studies along with field studies for one year. MSW courses are designed to provide job opportunities in NGO sectors, Law, human services management and other private as well as public sectors.
Eligibility Criteria for MSW
- The minimum eligibility for applying MSW is graduation from the reputed institutes.
- Students from other discipline like social work, social science, humanities, sociology or other related subjects and commerce or management etc. are eligible.
- Students appearing for the final year examination can also apply.
- The selection process is on direct admission subject to availibilty of seat.
Future after MSW
There are two options for MSW holder, either to go with further studies in the field or going for a job. Those who are going for job will have opportunities in the Medical field, different NGOs or can go to the academic filed.
For all those aspirants who want to go with their studies have a lot of research opportunities are there in the field. They can apply for Doctor of Social Work, DSW or else the PhD program. The other courses in the field are
•Ph.D. (Psychiatric Social Work)
•Ph.D. (Social Work)
Job and Career options for MSW
MSW holder can work both in the Government sector and with the privet sector. They can have opportunity with international NGOs like UNICEF, WHO etc. The job sector for a MSW holder can be
- Correction Cells.
- Counseling Centers.
- Disaster Management Department.
- Education Sector.
- Gender Issues Associations or Groups.
- Health Industry.
- HR Department of Industries.
- Human Rights Agencies.
- Mental Hospitals.
- Natural Resources Management Companies.
- Old Age Homes.
- Assistant Director.
- District Consultant.
- Documentation and Communication Officer.
- Humanitarian Values and PMER Officer.
- Junior Research Fellow.
- National Secretary Community Development.
- Programme Coordinator.
- Project Coordinator.
- Senior Manager – Human Resources.
- Sub Regional Training Coordinator.